[arch-general] Jacman. Problem installing packages (don't panic)

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 14:24:21 EST 2008

w9ya at qrparci.net wrote:
> Hey Nigel and the gang;
>
> Well, I *think* that unless someone wants to re-write and maintain jacman,
> you would be best advised to not use it.
>
> I would suggest 'yaourt' as a replacement. It works very nicely here for
> what I need out of such a program, and it is being actively maintained as
> pacman evolves.
>
> Very best regards;
>
> Bob Finch
>
> P.S.. Jacman is a great idea, so *IF* someone brings it up to date, I am
> sure it would be VERY popular.

Apparently, its developer was interested in updating it, but it was
supposed to come "any day now", and that was 6 months ago :
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=272848#p272848

There has been 2 major pacman upgrades since last jacman release in Dec
2006 (3.0 and 3.1) :p
So probably help is welcome indeed.