[arch-general] no x with new xorg-server and nvidia

Johannes Held mail at hehejo.de
Mon Feb 11 17:17:55 EST 2008

Hi folks,

right now, I updated my machine and X won't start!
The new kernel, new xorg-server and nvidia-*.

nvidia		169.09-2
nvidia-utils	169.09-1
xorg-server	1.4.0.90-6
kernel26	2.6.24.1-2

I updated normally but X won't start. All I get is a blank screen. I
can't change back to ttys. The only thing that's working is CTRL+ALT+DEL
to reboot my machine.

I tried a few thing..
pacman -Rd xorg-server nvidia nvidia-utils
and installing them again
pacman -S xorg-server
pacman -S nvidia nvidia-utils

everytime the symlink to libwfb.so in /usr/lib/xorg/modules is symlinked
to the "real" libwfb.
Having nvidia-* installed, it symlinks to libnvidia-wfb.so.169.09. If
nvidia is not installed, it symlinks to libwfb.so.1.4

Any ideas?
I can't get any output of the starting X-Server, because I can't switch
back to the tty.

Thanks in advance.
--
Gruß, Johannes