[arch-general] no x with new xorg-server and nvidia

Johannes Held mail at hehejo.de
Mon Feb 11 17:42:49 EST 2008

Guillermo schrieb:
> Are you sure the nvidia* packages installed correctly? When I installed them
> both a few hours ago, one of them gave me some problems because of a simlink
> already there. I deleted the simlink and everything went fine after that.
Yes, I had this problem too - but I fixed it with a complete clean
"reinstall" of xorg-server and nvidia*.
Now the libwfb.so points to the libnvidia-wfb.....

Downgrading the kernel26 to use the old nvidia is no option anymore --
too much new libs (madwifi kqemu and and) depend on the new one.. And I
don't want to punch my system too hard.

--
Gruß, Johannes
Täglich http://blog.hehejo.de und du fühlst dich gut.