[arch-general] kernel 2.6.24 and rlocate can work together

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 17:15:11 EST 2008

2008/2/2, Attila <attila at invalid.invalid>:
> On Samstag, 2. Februar 2008 18:03 Roman Kyrylych wrote:
>
> > Please file a feature request so this won't get lost.
>
> If you wish it you get it.-)
>
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9447

Just wanted to inform users who don't keep an eye on a bugtracker,
that I've patched rlocate to work with 2.6.24 kernel
So now:
* configure doesn't fail due to capabilities not being modularized/disabled
* rlocate module builds with non-modularized LSMs
  (no reverting of the (in)famous commit needed)
* modprobe rlocate doesn't fail, /dev/rlocate is created
* /etc/rc.d/rlocate runs
I didn't manage how to make it update the db in real-time though,
but maybe I was doing something wrong
(I don't use any locate utility at all :-P)
So please test rlocate-0.5.6-3 to see if rlocated really does its job
with .24 kernel.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)