[arch-general] problem with fakeroot

Attila attila at invalid.invalid
Wed Feb 20 13:05:26 EST 2008

On Mittwoch, 20. Februar 2008 13:19 Karolina Lindqvist wrote:

> I digged a little bit deeper to find the problem.

Thanks for more background about it.

> The short story is that fakeroot sets LD_PRELOAD="libfakeroot.so", but
> should be LD_PRELOAD="/usr/lib/libfakeroot/libfakeroot.so" to make it work.

I don't know how it is for you but i need fakeroot only for makepkg ... which
is not a wonder.-) So i do the only what i can and test how it will works if
i append your suggested value at the begin of /usr/bin/makepkg:

+ LD_PRELOAD="/usr/lib/libfakeroot/libfakeroot.so"
  myver='3.1.1'

After this very little change i run makepkg and now i have no error messages
about LD_PRELOAD.

> The long story:
> I don't use stock kdelibs, since it can't handle flash properly, but I am
> using a later snapshot which can. Therefore I also have to do a "make -f
> admin/Makefile.common dist", but it should not make any difference?
> Wrong, it does.

Strange that it makes a difference because the PKGBUILD from abs have a line
with "make -f admin/Makefile.common dist" too.

Annotation: Do you know the informations from [1]? Some times ago this doesn't
works for me but on sunday i give it a second try and now it works.
[1] http://mikearthur.co.uk/2007/12/30/konqueror-with-latest-adobe-flash-howto

> I would vote for that fakeroot should give a proper LD_PRELOAD with path, or
> that libfakeroot.so is moved to /usr/lib, and that is the problem and the
> solution.

Perhaps you should make a feature request that makepkg includes the
informations what be needed from libfakeroot.

See you, Attila