[arch-general] problem with fakeroot

Karolina Lindqvist karolina.lindqvist at kramnet.se
Wed Feb 20 15:01:46 EST 2008

onsdag 20 februari 2008 skrev Attila:

> Strange that it makes a difference because the PKGBUILD from abs have a
> line with "make -f admin/Makefile.common dist" too.

Oh, it has? I made the patches to PKGBUILD about a month ago, so I can't
remember exactly what I did and why. Only that building with kdelibs from SVN
gave problems and I tried for fast fixes. I got so tired of it, so I did not
bother to find the reason for the failing of fakeroot until now.

> Annotation: Do you know the informations from [1]? Some times ago this
> doesn't works for me but on sunday i give it a second try and now it works.
> [1]
> http://mikearthur.co.uk/2007/12/30/konqueror-with-latest-adobe-flash-howto

I don't like that solution, and I don't believe in it. Can mplayer handle the
interactvity of flash? I really love mplayer, and it is my favourite player
from the command prompt (hey, I have even contributed), but I find that the
integration with web pages often does not work so good. The new flash works
great, and I find it more dependable than mplayer, and thus a great and
cannot-be-without upgrade to kde.

> > I would vote for that fakeroot should give a proper LD_PRELOAD with path,
> > or that libfakeroot.so is moved to /usr/lib, and that is the problem and
> > the solution.
>
> Perhaps you should make a feature request that makepkg includes the
> informations what be needed from libfakeroot.

I just could not determine if the fix should be in fakeroot, in kdelibs, or in
makepkg like you suggest. I would consider an upgrade kdelibs having a higher
priority, but until then the easiest way for me is just to build my own. I
anyway also build for i586, so it is as easy as "makepkg" to build for i686
too.

Karolina