[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [signoff] udev 118-2

Michal Soltys soltys at ziu.info
Sun Feb 24 18:06:39 EST 2008

Xavier wrote:

> What if you blacklist a module after booting, then plug in some hardware?
> http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2008-February/004941.html
>
> The previous udev package still looks like the most acceptable way.

Ahh, yes, you're right. There would have to be some script to redo the
blacklist file after every alteration.

On a side note - you can nicely blacklist a device through udev rules,
instead of blocking some module(s) from loading. For example:

06-early-block.rules

SUBSYSTEM=="pci", ATTR{vendor}=="0x8086", ATTR{device}=="0x24d5",
OPTIONS="ignore_device"

This one would block sound (ich5) on one of my machines.