[arch-general] Problem with latest KDE update in testing

waldek waldek.news at web.de
Mon Jan 7 16:54:52 EST 2008

Snarkout wrote:

> On Monday 07 January 2008, Karolina Lindqvist wrote:
>> Yes that seems to be it. So the problem did not come with the KDE
>> upgrade, but with the flash upgrade.
>>
>> Karolina
>
> I had that problem after the last flash upgrade (to 9.0.115.0-1) - my
> "fix"
> was to downgrade to 9.0.48.0-1 and set pacman to ignore that package.  I'm
> not running testing at all on this box.

be careful with the downgrade, the new flash version fixes a critical
security bug, so by downgrading you are exposing youself to this bug.
I use temporarily Firefox and with Konqueror the workaround with kmplayer
plugin used to play flash which sort of works. Take a look here:

http://mikearthur.co.uk/?p=171

cheers

waldek