[arch-general] Problem with latest KDE update in testing

Attila attila at invalid.invalid
Tue Jan 8 01:22:12 EST 2008

On Montag, 7. Januar 2008 22:54 waldek wrote:

> be careful with the downgrade, the new flash version fixes a critical
> security bug, so by downgrading you are exposing youself to this bug.

The  problem is that at the moment the last flashplugin (or swfdec) works not
with kde so there is no choice.

> I use temporarily Firefox and with Konqueror the workaround with kmplayer
> plugin used to play flash which sort of works. Take a look here:
>
> http://mikearthur.co.uk/?p=171

This doesn't works for me. At the moment it looks as that all this workarounds
works for some people and for some not [1].

My hope is now that Karolina says with the last svn it works.-) And my dream
is that in the future we can substitute the flashplugin with gnash (or
swfdec) because i don't need products which works only with some browsers.

See you, Attila

[1] http://kdemod.ath.cx/bbs/viewtopic.php?id=412 (see the end)