[arch-general] Weird makepkg problem

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Fri Jan 11 11:17:16 EST 2008

Hi.  I'm the maintainer for the todotxt package in the AUR
(http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?do_Details=1&ID=7673).  While I
was trying to update the PKGBUILD today, something really peculiar happened.

The todotxt source gets downloaded in a zip file format.  But instead of
unzipping the zip file to the src directory, for some reason makepkg is
*copying* the zip to the src directory.  Consequently, the PKGBUILD
can't find the files it needs and fails.

Anybody know what caused this (it wasn't always this way, as I've been
maintaining this package for over a year now) and how to fix it?

TIA,

DR