[arch-general] arch32 -> arch64 migration without reinstalling

bardo ilbardo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 08:30:44 EST 2008

Sorry for the late answer, been busy lately.

2008/1/11, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa at gmx.de>:
> well i would recommend save the list of packages you have and don't format
> your /home partition, then start with new x86_64 else it's weird i think.

I know it's weird. Otherwise I wouldn't have asked :)

> I did it that way and works fine(hey installing arch works in 15 minutes
> doesn't it? ;) ).

Yes, it does. It's reconfiguring it from the ground up that takes a
lot of time. Also, what if I left my files around in some forgotten
place (and I'm pretty sure I did)? Should I run a pacman -Qo on
everything? =)
I know it would be better to reorganize everything and clean things, I
just don't have the time to do it.

Corrado