[arch-general] Qt3 path setting, is it right?

Neil Darlow neil at darlow.co.uk
Tue Jan 22 07:30:58 EST 2008

Hi,

I've been building bouml (from AUR) successfully until Qt4 arrived.

Examining the build failure it appears that although QTDIR is correctly
set for Qt3, the placement of QTDIR/bin at the end of PATH in qt3.sh
results in Qt4's qmake taking precedence over that of Qt3.

For bouml's build mechanism (no ./configure involved) this leads to
qmake-generated files containing resource paths of Qt4.

I've managed to get the build to work by placing QTDIR/bin at the head
of PATH, using a sed command, but it's seems hackish to me.

Is the sourcing of qt3.sh from /etc/profile.d a sensible idea? Would it
be better provided as part of the qt3 package and sourced into the
PKGBUILD's environment directly?

And, surely, placing QTDIR/bin at the end of PATH is not a good idea?

Regards,
Neil Darlow