[arch-general] Who is confused, pacman or me?

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 05:02:36 EST 2008

Neil Darlow wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did a pacman -Syu this morning and it warned me that:
>
> local etracer-0.35-6 is newer than etracer-0.4-1
>
> I'm not sure how that came about. Is this a pacman or pkgbuild problem?
>
> My system is i686.
>
> Regards,
> Neil Darlow

But, when you -Su, does it still want to install etracer 0.4 ?
This versioning confuses pacman (and it isn't something that can be
fixed), but we have the force options for these cases.
And the force option was used for this package, as you can see there :
http://cvs.archlinux.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/games/etracer/PKGBUILD?cvsroot=AUR&only_with_tag=CURRENT