[arch-general] blurry fonts at Qt4 apps

Maik Beckmann maikbeckmann at gmx.de
Tue Jan 29 02:54:18 EST 2008

Am Dienstag 29 Januar 2008 07:14:32 schrieb Attila:
> On Dienstag, 29. Januar 2008 00:27 Maik Beckmann wrote:
> > As you see the fonts of gtk and kde3 are same.  The kde4 and qt4 fonts
> > are the same too.
>
> The only difference of my .fonts.conf to yours is that i have not the
> autohint block (okay, i use vrgb instead of you but this depends on the
> hardware). The good thing is that i have not this shadows effect but the
> only qt4 app what i have at the moment is eric. The .fonts.conf for kde3
> and kde4 on my test partition be the same.
>
> Good luck, Attila

Thank you :)

I switched to vrgb and how the shadows are gone.  Even Qt3 and Qt4 font are
now the same.

However,  the fact that the font rendering differs if rgba is set to rgb and
do not if it's set to vrgb sounds like black magic to me.  I would really
like to figure out what is going on.

Can you please try rgb instead of vrgb, just for comparison?

Thanks,
 -- Maik

PS: how can one figure out which rgba mode is supported by the hardware?