[arch-general] Problems with snort package

Angel Velásquez angvp at archlinux.com.ve
Thu Jul 3 20:20:49 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 2:00 AM, Kessia 'even' Pinheiro <
kessiapinheiro at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,

Hi Kessia! our beloved brazilian hacker girl.

> I did a snort instalation using the package from extra, but i got some
> problems. The package does not works after a fresh install. The
> problems are:
>
> - There are some problematic links with /usr/src/lib/snort_*
> - The conf /etc/snort/snort.conf doesn't load the rules, because the
> rules arent there!
> - The start script /etc/rc.d/snort doesn't start because the
> $SNORT_ARGS is blank. That should be some SNORT_OPTIONS and they
> are in /etc/conf.d/snort, but are never read.
> - The /etc/conf.d/snort is never used, and the security or
> incremental arguments like user, group or interface aren't used. So
> the user can edit it, but will never have efect.
>
> So, after that (and some more problems that i do not remember, I
> made another package [1], fixed all the problems and made some changes.
>
> [1] http://even.archlinux-br.org/things/arch/snort.tar.gz
>
> Thats all!

Good work!, Imho you should send an e-mail to Andreas Radke (who is the
maintainer) to report the issues, also open a bug in the bugtracker (
http://bugs.archlinux.org) and post something on the forum
http://bbs.archlinux.org then an answer should arrive.

Cheers!

--