[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [signoff] kernel26 2.6.26-1 and related module packages

Gerhard Brauer gerhard.brauer at web.de
Tue Jul 22 20:58:10 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 08:32:42PM -0400, Scott wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 01:36:14AM +0200, Gerhard Brauer wrote:
> > My card doesn't work with ath5k, i've tested module from 2.6.25 and now
> > 2.6.26 from testing.
> >
> > ,----[ lspci ]
> > | Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5212/AR5213 Multiprotocol MAC/baseband processor (rev 01)
> > `----
>

> The AR5007EG card still doesn't work with the standard ath5k or MadWifi.
> That 5212 sometimes turns out to need the same driver.
>
> I have a page on it, (though your card sounds like another card) more
> Fedora specific but also works for Arch at
> http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/rhwireless.html#5007

Thanks for the info, but i have no problems with arch stock-kernels and
madwifi. Works like a charm.
Only the new ath5k foss module doesn't work - would be for me a stopper
not to upgrade to 2.6.26.

I've found the homepage:
http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/ath5k
Seems there is a lot of work to do ;-) I don't understand currently why
madwifi (broken?) is gone and this young project replace it.

At the moment i check out their testing git, i found some commits that
sound like my problem...maybe...

Regards
	Gerhard

--
OOP? Frueher haben wir die Fehler selbst
programmiert, heute werden sie vererbt.