[arch-general] ? regarding latest Dont Panic updates, and KDE4

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Wed Jul 30 18:36:16 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 30 July 2008 22:14, David Rosenstrauch wrote:
> David Rosenstrauch wrote:
> > If you want to stay with KDE3 short term, this forum thread tells you
> > how.  (i.e., add a bunch of Ignore's to your pacman.conf.)
>
> Whoop!  Forgot to paste the thread URL:
>
> http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=52416
>
> DR

Thanks David. I was going to ask about that, but got distracted in replying to
someone on another list.

Nigel.

Btw. thanks for your initial reply. I may let the upgrade to KDE4 procede on
this machine, and see how it goes. I do have another instance of Don't Panic
on another machine, and may well try to keep that running KDE3.5.

Apt-get on my Fedora, and Debian based installs tells you how many packages
are going to be upgraded. Pacman doesn't do that, and I havn't counted them,
but there must be, in just scanning through the list about 120. Just how many
are deps for the transition from KDE3.5 to KDE4, I've no idea.

As I say, I'll probably let the transition from KDE3.5 to KDE4 procede on the
new machine, and see what the new KDE4 looks like, and whether it performs as
expected.