[arch-general] Can we use the "Firefox" name?

Geoffroy Carrier geoffroy.carrier at koon.fr
Thu Jun 12 10:28:03 EDT 2008

Excerpts from Jan de Groot's message of Thu Jun 12 08:20:51 +0200 2008:
> possible system libraries. Firefox 3.0 will even depend on xulrunner on
> our distribution in the near future (yes, this looks stupid, but it
> shrinks package size for firefox, reduces build time for firefox and
> saves on diskspace occupied by duplicate libraries for users who have
> both installed).

It seems pretty fair to me. The whole idea of using xulrunner for
Firefox and Thunderbird was to separate the engine from the products,
because the engine will be shared between the two of them and many other
applications. Firefox/Thunderbird would only provide XUL and Javascript
interface definitions/specific code and a few modules written in C(++),
AFAIK.

--
Geoffroy Carrier
http://gcarrier.koon.fr/