[arch-general] Setup bluetooth without GUI?

Guus Snijders gsnijders at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 09:49:29 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to setup bluetooth on my ArchLinux installation to
communicate with my GSM (Nokia 6233).

After spending a couple of frustrating hours i decided to ask for help here.
Has anyone done this?

What works so far:
- hcitool scan shows the phone
- l2ping works

What doesn't work:
- setup a pairing between the laptop and the phone (hcitool cc ...)
- see the laptop when scanning from the phone
- when trying to connect to the phone (via Gnokii), i get a PIN
request on the phone but not the laptop

I know Gnome/Kde offer some tools for Bluetooth, but i'm trying to get
this to work on the CLI as i don't
have Gnome/KDE on this machine (using fluxbox).

mvg,
      Guus