[arch-general] Can we use the "Firefox" name?

François Charette firmicus at ankabut.net
Sun Jun 15 05:59:43 EDT 2008

Sam Gwydir a écrit :
> On Wed Jun 11, 2008 at 04:3341PM +0200, Xavier wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Alper KANAT <alperkanat at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> As a user, I really dislike the name Iceweasel... I really dislike its logo
>>> and so on...
>>>

>> Good for you! Then what?
>>

> Then find a different name. Iceweasel isn't our only alternative.

Try this script (and replace Polarfuchs, which I like, with whatever you
like).

#!/bin/bash
# change the "Bon Echo" branding of firefox to something more sexy

cd /usr/lib/firefox/chrome
unzip -q en-US.jar locale/branding/brand.*
sed -i "s/Bon Echo/Polarfuchs/" locale/branding/brand.*
zip -q -0 -u en-US.jar locale/branding/brand.*
rm -rf locale/
echo "done"