[arch-general] Will Firefox 3 be brought into extra ?

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 18:49:30 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 5:32 PM, Loui <louipc.ist at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 03:24:50PM -0700, Allie Daneman wrote:
>> Will Firefox 3 replace Firefox 2 in a future release ?
>
> It only came out yesterday and you're already questioning whether or not
> it will be brought into extra. C'mon! Have a little patience. Anyways
> you can play around with firefox3-rc2 in [unstable]. That's stable
> enough for me that I don't need to use firefox 2 any more.

firefox is no different than any other package with regards to policy.
When we get it packaged up, we always use current "bleeding-edge"
versions, and 3 is newer than 2. Of course it is a bit different as it
is a monster piece of software, but the same rules apply whether we
are talking about firefox and python (large packages) or which and
diffstat (small single-binary packages).

-Dan