[arch-general] Problem starting vsftpd service. (Don't Panic)

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Thu Jun 19 12:01:35 EDT 2008

On Thursday 19 June 2008 17:02, Pierre CHAPUIS wrote:
> If you start vsftpd as a daemon you have to :
>
>  - Have listen=YES and background=YES in vsftpd.conf
>  - Change line 11 from /etc/rc.d/vsftpd from /usr/sbin/vsftpd & to
> /usr/sbin/vsftpd

Bonjour Pierre. Thanks for the help.

listen=YES was already set
I had to add the line background=YES, as it wasn't in /etc/vsftpd.conf
Removed the "&" from line 11 in /etc/rc.d/vsftpd

Then tried /etc/rc.d/vsftpd start, and got a "fail", and thought that I still
had problems.

A reboot though has started the vsftp daemon, and it now shows up
in /var/run/daemons.

Thanks again for the help, and another thing I must write down in my notebook
regarding specific Archlinux stuff.

Cordialement.

Nigel.