[arch-general] Package file lists?

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 12:35:26 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 11:27 AM, David Rosenstrauch <darose at darose.net> wrote:
> David Rosenstrauch wrote:
>>
>> Used to be that when viewing a package's info on the Arch web site that
>> there was a link to click on that would take you to a page that would list
>> the files contained in that package.  (i.e., equivalent to the output of
>> "pacman -Ql <package>")  Seems like that functionality is gone now though.
>>
>> Just wondering if there was any particular reason why it was removed, and
>> if there were any plans to bring it back.  I used to find it a very handy
>> tool, and it would be great to have it again.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> DR
>
> Anybody?  Beuller?  Beuller?  :-)

We changed the way the backend worked and parsed information. Due to
this, it made producing file lists very time consuming. That was the
only downside for all the many many upsides of changing it that way.

We could still save this data, especially considering Pierre wrote a
script to generate file lists in the repos themselves[1] but we
haven't gotten around to it.

1: ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/extra/os/i686/extra.files.tar.gz