[arch-general] Problems with mounting linux partition with gid

Ralph Alvy ralph at ralphalvy.com
Thu Jun 26 14:49:52 EDT 2008

Dennis Herbrich wrote:

> On Thu, June 26, 2008 17:00, Ralph Alvy wrote:
>
>> How do I create a Linux data partition that's fully accessible to me, as
>> user, after boot?
>
> $ sudo chgrp -R <somegroup> <directory where partition is mounted>
>
> Is that a trick question?
>
> *wondering*
>   Dennis

No trick question. After reading your reply and thinking it over, I see I
was confusing things. I was used to using vfat partitions as data storage
areas which needed to be mounted with gid or uid options. I failed to think
about how I normally mount linux partitions and how I make my home
directory accessible to me even though it lives on a partition that's
mounted via root.