[arch-general] usb keyboard and mouse

Attila attila at invalid.invalid
Mon Jun 30 14:26:50 EDT 2008

On Montag, 30. Juni 2008 18:23 Sergej Pupykin wrote:

> Today I remove usb->ps/2 connector from my mouse because new MB has no
> ps/2 and I got the problem
>
> $ zcat /proc/config.gz | egrep "USB_MOUSE|USB_KBD"
> # CONFIG_USB_KBD is not set
> # CONFIG_USB_MOUSE is not set

Strange to see this because my "MS IntelliMouse Explorer 3" works at the usb
port with the settings from above.

http://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/USB_MOUSE.html and
http://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/USB_KBD.html says that "This is mostly
useful for embedded applications or simple keyboards". What for hardware do
you have?

> Should I file a bug or I miss something and there is a more proper way
> to set this up?

I would say yes because than the kernel maintainer have a better chance to
recognize it but perhaps you can wait a little bit to see if he answers
here.-)

See you, Attila