[arch-general] usb keyboard and mouse

Celti celticmadman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 15:41:16 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 09:23, Sergej Pupykin <pupykin.s at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, All!
>
> Today I remove usb->ps/2 connector from my mouse because new MB has no
> ps/2 and I got the problem
>
> $ zcat /proc/config.gz | egrep "USB_MOUSE|USB_KBD"
> # CONFIG_USB_KBD is not set
> # CONFIG_USB_MOUSE is not set
>
> recompillng kernel with
> CONFIG_USB_KBD=m
> CONFIG_USB_MOUSE=m
>
> and modprobe usbmouse
>
> resovle it.
>
> Should I file a bug or I miss something and there is a more proper way
> to set this up?

USB keyboards and mice are supported by USB_HID, which is a module
included in the archlinux kernel.
USB_KBD and USB_MOUSE are non-generic HID Boot Protocol drivers, and
not what you want to use unless you're using arch in some very
specific embedded situations - in which case, you should already know
this.

~celti