[arch-general] Qsynth crashes when clicking on buttons (Don't Panic)

charly charlyghislain at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 14:22:52 EST 2008

Hi Henry,

Having config files in your user home dir only accessible as root surely is a
problem.
Since files in .config are typically created on the first run, don't you have
the (bad) habit to run programs as root?
Do the test. Remove your Qsynth.conf file and start it as root (sudo qsynth).

I don't see how these files coiuld have been owned by root any other way.
You should make sure you own every file in your home dir (man chown) and to
run programs as normal user.

Regards,

Charly