[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [signoff] udev 118-4

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 07:16:42 EDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 3:05 AM, Michal Soltys <soltys at ziu.info> wrote:
>  ENV{MODALIAS}=="modaliases #1", OPTION="ignore_device"
>  ENV{MODALIAS}=="modaliases #2", OPTION="ignore_device"

This is way more complex than you think it is. Let me explain. A
typical module exposes it's aliases WITH wildcartds included. Here's
an example:

$ modinfo nvidiafb
alias:          pci:v000010DEd*sv*sd*bc03sc*i*

If you want to write out modalias rules for this, you are welcome to.
I will give you a hint, though: each of those asterisks above is a 4
digit number. And that is just nvidia. Don't forget intel, ati,
unichrome, and all the other framebuffer modules out there.

No, if this were my decision, "blacklist nvidiafb" makes much more
sense. And it's only one line.