[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] ISO 2008.03 release status update

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 16:25:55 EDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 3:03 PM, Grigorios Bouzakis <grbzks at gmail.com> wrote:
>  May i add xorg-server to the above packages too? I know its not part of
>  core, let alone base, but its a very important package in extra.

How does it affect our ISO? As far as I can tell it has completely no
bearing on that whatsoever.

>  Current xorg-server in testing comes with HAL enabled. Reference:
>  http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9563
>  Is that gonna be the default now? Users probably havent reported back on
>  this, but many had problems with it. On the other hand others didnt.
>  Its already a month in testing, but no decision has been made up yet.
>  Should this be reviewed later?
>  What do devs think about this change?

It seems you follow arch-dev-public, so you may just have missed the thread:
http://archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2008-February/004865.html

As far as I can tell, no one likes the change, but I don't know why it
wasn't rolled back or changed.