[arch-general] initscripts-splash

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 16:19:38 EDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 2:58 PM,  <dongiovanni at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Hallo,
>
>  Currently I'm maintaining splashy and fbsplash. Some time ago there was a
>  discussion of integration of the splash hooks in the initscripts in
>  [core].
>  Is there something planed? It would reduce problems for some less
>  experienced users.

Actually, anyone can do it and you don't even need to overwrite the
initscripts package. The initscripts in testing will load functions
from /etc/rc.d/functions.d/*. Due to the way shell scripts work, if I
redefine a function, it overwrites it.

This way, one can simply create a functions.d/ file that overrides the
standard stat_* functions to call splash related functions. No need to
additions to the initscripts package, it's all there for ya.