[arch-general] Current FTP/HTTP install broken

Gerhard Brauer gerhard.brauer at web.de
Mon Mar 24 05:31:57 EDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 08:33:38AM +0100, Tobias Powalowski wrote:
> Am Montag, 24. März 2008 schrieb Dan McGee:
> > On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 7:23 PM, Gerhard Brauer <gerhard.brauer at web.de>
> wrote:
> > >  Problems seems some missing filelists in some packages (ex. glibc) and
> > >  that there are 3 /mnt/.CHANGELOG files conflicting in glibc, initscripts
> > >  and perl.
> > >  These stops the installation of all/most base packages and so if user go
> > >  further in install/configuration all config files are empty.
> >
> > We don't use filelists anymore in packages. The new ISO will use a
> > much more recent version of pacman so this won't be an issue.

Are the missing filelists in packages the "stopper"? I did some
ftp-installs last 2 weeks and never looked on the output after base
packages install. I assume the real stoppers are the conflicting
CHANGELOG files, right?

> Please use the TEST Isos i posted before, ftp install is broken since a long
> time.

Slightly broken ;-) but the base installation lead to a finished
install. But the user reports about the new RC-ISOs are positive for
ftp/http install method, so this current problem is a puppy in the sky
after release.

> greetings
> tpowa

Regards