[arch-general] signoff kernel26-2.6.24.3-6

olivier bordes olivier at obordes.com
Wed Mar 26 10:46:28 EDT 2008

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Re:[arch-general] signoff kernel26-2.6.24.3-6
From: Dwight Schauer <dschauer at gmail.com>
To: General Discusson about Arch Linux <arch-general at archlinux.org>
Date: mer 26 mar 2008 14:13:42 CET

> On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 7:21 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  Suffice to say: for all the "old timers" out there, I am on your side.
>>  I *am* an "old timer", and I will do everything in my power to make
>>  arch what it was.
>
> I switched to arch only recently, but I've been using linux 10+ years.
> So, as far as linux goes, I *am* an "old timer" as well, and as others
> have stated do not wish to be babied and I need to know exactly what
> is going with service starting/stopping, etc, and be able to control
> it myself. I switched to arch from ubuntu (after trying half a dozen
> or so other distros in between) and do not want arch to become an
> ubuntu clone with only a different but similar package manager.

Hi, exact same for me.
"old timer", don't want to be babied, don't want hidden nasty things to be done in my back.
I love the simplicity and straightforward way of Arch.

This is the perfect definition for Arch, and 100% adhere to it (extract from wiki):

"Arch Linux defines simplicity as a lightweight base structure without unnecessary additions, modifications, or
complications, that allows an individual user to shape the system according to their own needs. In short; an elegant,
minimalist approach."

Btw, could be nice to put it in on top of the archlinux.org home page.

Olivier