[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] signoff kernel26-2.6.24.3-6

bardo ilbardo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 11:58:29 EDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 4:46 PM, Jan de Groot <jan at jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
>  If patching is no longer allowed, get ready for a time where packages are stuck in testing for ages because upstream broke it. Get ready to run a distro that breaks your system on every pacman -Syu because upgrade paths are not handled.
>  Yes, this is win win win I guess.

Come on, Jan, you know this wasn't the message. It has already been
stated that patching *is* allowed (I'd say encouraged) when needed,
which means when there's breakage upstream. The point was about
superfluous patches, like those that add new functions, which should
be sent upstream. I hope this is clear.

Corrado