[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] signoff kernel26-2.6.24.3-6

Attila attila at invalid.invalid
Wed Mar 26 13:19:11 EDT 2008

On Mittwoch, 26. März 2008 16:58 bardo wrote:

> Come on, Jan, you know this wasn't the message. It has already been
> stated that patching *is* allowed (I'd say encouraged) when needed,
> which means when there's breakage upstream. The point was about
> superfluous patches, like those that add new functions, which should
> be sent upstream. I hope this is clear.

Now with your words yes but the original can understand in the way how Jan
interpret it. Please  don't forget that the number one example was the
PKGBUILD from kernel26 where the thread starts.

And only for the stats: How longer this thread goes i find it confusingly that
it is spoken so much from old/new user and i ask myself is this here a one or
a two classes community.

I must say that i miss here some thinking positive and speaking about the
points where the thread starts. This "I am a old user" messages together with
statements as "kick out" or "people are lazy" in one thread demotivate more
than it helps and gives this discussion the feeling of a waste of time.

See you, Attila