[arch-general] Installation: after first reboot ext3 superblock mount time in future

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 10:59:13 EDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 8:12 AM, Gerhard Brauer <gerhard.brauer at web.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  i've noticed this meanwhile quiet often after many installations.
>  Currently after a test with 2008.03-0.3, but also with older ISOs:
>
>  After install and first reboot i got such fsck notice during rc:
>
>  ,----
>  | /dev/sda3: Superblock last mount time is in the future. FIXED
>  | /dev/sda3 has gone 49710 days without being checked, check forced.
>  `----
>
>  Here¹ you could download a screenshot from such a situation where also a
>  reboot is required after fsck.
>  Cause this is the *first* reboot after installation users will get a bad
>  impression about Arch.

Oh noes! We couldn't ever have a bad impression! We might lose a user!
</sarcasm>

Feel free to submit a patch against the installer (it is all in GIT on
projects.archlinux.org), but justifying this problem by saying it
gives a bad impression is not something that is going to make devs
jump out and fix it- if anything it might bring out the cynical side
as you can see above.

-Dan