[arch-general] Installation: after first reboot ext3 superblock mount time in future

Gerhard Brauer gerhard.brauer at web.de
Sat Mar 29 11:53:38 EDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 09:59:13AM -0500, Dan McGee wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 8:12 AM, Gerhard Brauer <gerhard.brauer at web.de> wrote:
>
> >  Cause this is the *first* reboot after installation users will get a bad
> >  impression about Arch.
>
> Oh noes! We couldn't ever have a bad impression! We might lose a user!
> </sarcasm>
Not me ;-) This needs even more sarcasm ;-)

If i was a car seller i have no problem to say: " Hey, the car you have
buyed is the best, ever, last car you buyed in your life. Ok, first time
a day you must start it twice and ignore this little red lamp... But
when it is started, oh man, you would love this care".
*I* love Arch.

> Feel free to submit a patch against the installer (it is all in GIT on
> projects.archlinux.org),

No, cause i'm doesn't know the technical background araound this
"problem". Therefor i ask.
And if i submit patches: you'll don't like them cause you must repair
faster than i could patch something ;-)

> but justifying this problem by saying it gives a bad impression is not
> something that is going to make devs jump out and fix it-
That wasn't my intention, only my opinion. Extorting is useless ;-)

Maybe a little more technical discussion from those who care?

> -Dan

Regards
	Gerhard

--