[arch-general] ClamAV should be update to 0.93

Attila attila at invalid.invalid
Mon May 5 01:13:18 EDT 2008

On Sonntag, 4. Mai 2008 22:28 Tino Reichardt wrote:

> It isn't to hard. Its just the plain truth.
>
> If the maintainer hasn't the time, he should give the package to someone
> else, which has the time.

Okay, if you reduce this only to "maintaining" than it could be true but i
suggest to think this to the end and this means for me that every distro
without a company in the backhand can't ensure fulltime maintaining.

Sorry to say, but if you want a guarantee than you have to buy it. But perhaps
i can't recognize the problem because i don't think that clamav is so a
important package for archlinux.

For me there be more ways than only to asking for an package update. Another
option could be to make this update, runs it and send the maintainer an email
about the result. At this point it ends for the user and the devs itselfs
have to look if there is a problem with maintaining or not.

> PS: I am not an admin of some important server which needs an update ;)

Everybody of us here has root acount and so at the end we all be admins.-)

See you, Attila