[arch-general] Compiling my own kernel: IDE, SATA...

Ryan Sims rwsims at gmail.com
Wed May 7 13:46:31 EDT 2008

At a guess, it sounds like arch is loading a module that's a specific
driver for your chipset, while your own kernel is using the generic
ata drivers.  Take a look at the output of hwd, lspci and such.  You
also might get some mileage out of googling your motherboard, or poke
around on the forums (you could also check gentoo's) for your
chipsets.  Do an lsmod under an arch kernel to see what modules its

It would help if you posted more specifics about your rig, and what
options you're selecting in the block devices part of the kernel
config.

--
Ryan W Sims