[arch-general] pacman changes libcrypt.so.1 symlink

Dimitrios Apostolou jimis at gmx.net
Thu May 8 06:12:28 EDT 2008

On Thursday 08 May 2008 13:10:02 Lukáš Jirkovský wrote:
> Yeah, but it glibc compiling much processor time. I've made small
> shell wrapper for ldconfig and it works. Maybe the best solution would
> be adding blowfish support to glibc's libcrypt itself.

Yet another external patch for glibc? Baaah.... However you may find
interesting that glibc already supports sha256/sha512 password hashes. I
remember having read that they intentionally prefered implementing those
instead of blowfish.

Ok I found it:
http://people.redhat.com/drepper/sha-crypt.html

Dimitris