[arch-general] digikam beta4 and gcc 4.3.0

waldek waldek.news at web.de
Tue May 13 02:10:09 EDT 2008

Hi,
first of all I'm out of my depth here so be gentle, I was trying to compile
digicam beta4 and the compilation process hangs. I found this thread that
describes it:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.digikam.user/7917

the answer in digikam forum was:

"I have reported this problem to CImg author (David Tschumperlé). After
investiguations, he said than all come from an uncompatibilty with gcc
4.3.0 and CImg code. Note than using Gcc 4.2.3 digiKam compile fine."

so I asked on CImg forums:

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=2036591&forum_id=423277

and the reply was:

"Anyway, this is not a bug related to CImg or GREYCstoration, since it
compiles fine if you don't set the optimizations with g++ 4.3.0.
 Also it compiles fine with older versions of g++ (4.2.3 for instance).

 I suspect some bugs in the compiler optimization procedure which causes the
process to hang. I admit this is very annoying, but I can't do anything to
solve it, since it is clearly a problem related to the compiler."

could somebody take a look at it? What do you think?

Cheers

waldek