[arch-general] Suggesting new PKGBUILD*.proto

Geoffroy Carrier geoffroy.carrier at koon.fr
Fri May 16 21:35:26 EDT 2008

Hi!

I made "cosmetic" changes on PKGBUILD*.proto
Please see https://github.com/gcarrier/gkarch/tree/master/misc/usr_share_pacman

For you information, and to ease discussion around it, here's the README:

Changes I made affect both "pacman" and "abs" packages.

Assumptions:
  - $startdir should be used as $srcdir and $pkgdir parent, as it
could be useful, for example, to have $pkgdir in a
  tmpfs
    => Removed any reference to "$startdir/pkg" or "$startdir/src"
    => Relative paths to switch between $srcdir and $pkgdir should be
avoided. E.g.:
       cd $srcdir/A
       patch [...] < ../../pkg/
       is non-sense
  - $pkgdir and $srcdir could contain namespaces, etc. and we
shouldn't try to guess about $IFS
    => "$srcdir/A" instead of $srcdir/A (use of "")
  - Still, lightweight means smater
    => Don't use
      "$_svntrunk" ${something}
       instead of
      $_svntrunk $something
  - "folder" is prefered to "folder/" in our scripts, but we should
not suppose a makefile doesn't use something like
  "${DESTDIR}usr/bin"
    => DESTDIR="$pkgdir/", "$pkgdir" otherwise

Best regards,
--
Geoffroy Carrier