[arch-general] Eclipse won't start any more

Attila attila at invalid.invalid
Wed May 21 15:37:14 EDT 2008

On Mittwoch, 21. Mai 2008 14:23 Juergen Starek wrote:

>> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10066
>
> Thanks a lot, that was my problem! Luckily, I don't rely on Firefox
> because I generally use Konqueror, so removing the Firefox package was
> no problem for me. However, I'll look into this more deeply over the
> weekend, perhaps I can find out something helpful.

At the end of this bugreport adam reports that eclipse works (i test only
Strg+Space) if you start it from the konsole instead of from the kde menu and
this is true. Later he suggest to replace "/usr/share/eclipse/eclipse"
with "eclipse" in the start menu settings and this works too.

Completly strange but you can give it a try if you want firefox back.

See you, Attila