[arch-general] Eclipse won't start any more

Juergen Starek quiterigorouslyfilteredusenetaccount at starek.net
Wed May 21 08:23:36 EDT 2008

David Rosenstrauch wrote:
> Juergen Starek wrote:
>
>> a few days ago, my Eclipse installation (which had worked fine for
>> some months before that) stopped working.
>
> I'm not experiencing this problem, but a bunch of people started
> running into another problem with Eclipse since the upgrade to Firefox
> 2.0.0.14.
>
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10066

Thanks a lot, that was my problem! Luckily, I don't rely on Firefox
because I generally use Konqueror, so removing the Firefox package was
no problem for me. However, I'll look into this more deeply over the
weekend, perhaps I can find out something helpful.

It's just really strange that I seem to have been the only one getting
this particular exception; at least, googling for it did not show any
other forum or usenet posts about it...

Regards,

  Jürgen