[arch-general] Eclipse won't start any more

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Tue May 20 21:34:40 EDT 2008

Juergen Starek wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> a few days ago, my Eclipse installation (which had worked fine for some
> months before that) stopped working.

> I'm out of ideas at the moment regarding possible causes for that error.
> So I'd like to ask here whether anyone thinks that any updates to Arch
> that appeared in the last three weeks or so might cause problems with
> Java programs in general, or more specifically with SWT.

I'm not experiencing this problem, but a bunch of people started running
into another problem with Eclipse since the upgrade to Firefox 2.0.0.14.

http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10066

I'm not sure it's related to what you're seeing, but it's all I'm aware of.

Beyond this I'd say search the Arch bug tracker and forums to see if
anyone else has reported similar problems.

HTH,

DR