[arch-general] Eclipse won't start any more

Juergen Starek quiterigorouslyfilteredusenetaccount at starek.net
Tue May 20 18:26:29 EDT 2008

Hello everybody,

a few days ago, my Eclipse installation (which had worked fine for some
months before that) stopped working. Eclipse will start, but only to the
end of its initialization routine. The splash screen does not disappear.

I realize this is no Eclipse support list, and hence will just point to
my more detailed error description on Eclipse's newsgroups [1]. However,
I'm out of ideas at the moment regarding possible causes for that error.
So I'd like to ask here whether anyone thinks that any updates to Arch
that appeared in the last three weeks or so might cause problems with
Java programs in general, or more specifically with SWT. Perhaps someone
even noticed the same problem?

I'd be thankful for all hints.

Regards,

  Jürgen