[arch-general] problem with guidance power manager

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Wed Nov 5 09:44:32 EST 2008

Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 November 2008 19:51:48 Allan McRae wrote:
>
>> guidance-power-manager and mercurial were rebuilt for the latest
>> python.  Check you have got the latest version from the repos.  If you
>> have file a bug report with all details (versions, arch, error message,
>> etc).
>>

> True. pacman -Syu does show mercurial and python scheduled for upgrade.
>
> May be I should try it after I upgraded the system then.
>
> There are 20 packages that depends upon python but not all of them are being
> upgraded. Could something break in here?
>
> I could post the package listing if required.

Not all packages need rebuilt for the latest python.  However, some in
[community] still need a rebuild.  If you have already upgraded python,
you should have updated all the packages that were rebuilt for it too.
File bug reports for things that stop working only once you system is
fully up to date.

Allan