[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] pkgstats: first results

w9ya w9ya at qrparci.net
Mon Nov 10 13:11:00 EST 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 10:23 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 10:51 AM, w9ya <w9ya at qrparci.net> wrote:
> > The TU system was a DIRECT outgrowth of the earlier efforts to find a
> place
> > for users with significant output to be hosted BY the archlinux systems
>
> This is about the hundredth time I've seen the "this is how it used to
> be" argument. It's stupid. I don't care how the TU system used to be.
> I don't. I care about how the TU system *is*. So let's talk about the
> present, and not the past please.
>
> I don't care about WHY things were instituted. They've grown and
> changed. If you're not happy with it, then start a new group that fits
> your ideals better.

Aaron; this issue does not concern merely myself. Nor is the history merely
a personal item. I have *ONLY* spoken about the goals as well as the
structure that was implemented to achieve these goals in my history
missives. And OF COURSE that SHOULD BE important as it *IS* the reason
things are constituted as they are.

As I said in an earlier post, if YOU want to change things, you certainly
can. No one will stop you. You are the nominal leader.

If you do not like my posting about what reasons are the basis for why
things are as they are, you can certainly speak out in the manner you have
immediately above. But short of "kicking me out" that will not matter much
to me as it is not the purpose for our discussion.

One small piece of advice; if you decide to ask people that disagree with
you to consider leaving, please be sure to make a list of such people;
prepared before you do ask them to consider leaving.  Then, and only then,
do your "asking"  ALL at once. Someone much wiser than myself told me that
to ask people to leave a small number at a time leaves you with enemies
within your mists that will choose to worry about their own issues INSTEAD
of your own. As a leader of men and women you should be aware of that.

Otherwise please be less strident, as it will serve you better.

Best regards;

Bob Finch