[arch-general] LVM On The Eee 701 4G (SSD + SD Card)

Carlos A M Filho carlfilhml at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 19:00:14 EDT 2008

I am trying to install ArchLinux 2007.08-2 on an Eee PC 701 4G using LVM, to
span the SSD and a 2G SD card. I followed the instructions at:

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Lvm

However, after I finish the installation process and reboot, the system
claims it cannot find all physical volumes belonging to the volume group and
hangs.

Before the installation, I used cfdisk to partition the system like this:

/boot: /dev/sda1, 20M (it does not run out of space)

/: /dev/sda2 + /dev/sdb1, the rest of the SSD and all the SD card.

No swap partition.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Carlos Filho