[arch-general] System upgrade fails

Ángel Velásquez angvp at archlinux.com.ve
Fri Oct 17 05:52:12 EDT 2008

Manolo ha scritto:
> Hello, i´ m getting this message when i try to upgrade my system (pacman -Syu):
> I have the system in spanish, so i write a translation of it:
>
> :: Starting full system upgrade...
> resolving dependencies...
> checking for conflicts...
> error: fail to prepare transaction (couldn´ t satisfy dependencies)
> :: ipw3945: needs kernel26<2.6.27
>
> I think ipw3945 is something about my network card, but whatever it
> is, it´s not listed in the repositories (pacman -Sl | grep ipw -->
> ipw2100-fw and ipw2200-fw). And my kernel is 2.6.26-ARCH, so i think
> is a kernel26, <2.6.27, right?
> Anyone with the same problem?? Can i uninstall the package without a problem??
> Thanks.

In fact we all had this issue Manolo, be sure that you don't are using
ipw3945 (and if you are using it, consider to move to iwl3945 which for
me at least works better) module in the /etc/rc.conf MODULES array then
remove the package... (pacman -R ipw3945) and then pacman -Syu again.

If you need spanish support you always can visit
http://www.archlinux-es.org or contact us by irc.freenode.net #archlinux-es

Cheers.

--
Angel Velásquez