[arch-general] System upgrade fails

Ondřej Kučera ondrej.kucera at centrum.cz
Fri Oct 17 12:17:52 EDT 2008

Hi,

> :: Starting full system upgrade...
> resolving dependencies...
> checking for conflicts...
> error: fail to prepare transaction (couldn´ t satisfy dependencies)
> :: ipw3945: needs kernel26<2.6.27
>
> I think ipw3945 is something about my network card, but whatever it
> is, it´s not listed in the repositories (pacman -Sl | grep ipw -->
> ipw2100-fw and ipw2200-fw). And my kernel is 2.6.26-ARCH, so i think
> is a kernel26, <2.6.27, right?
> Anyone with the same problem?? Can i uninstall the package without a problem??
> Thanks.

See this: http://www.archlinux.org/news/414/
Specifically this part: "The ipw3945 driver doesn't compile anymore.
It's probably easy to patch, but we'll stop maintaining it anyway.
Please use iwl3945 or compile the driver yourself (the latest PKGBUILD
and patches can be found at
http://repos.archlinux.org/viewvc.cgi/ipw3945/trunk/)"

Ondřej

--